I am often asked the same question about iPad use: “Can I designate a specific page to open every time I open my web browser the way I can on my computer?”
Your computer’s web browser (Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc) opens to the page you designated as your home page, while your iPad opens your browser to the last webpage you viewed.
If you’d prefer your iPad browser to open to a specific webpage, follow these steps:
- Locate the page that you want to make your home page.
- Tap the “Action” button on the tool bar on the upper right portion of the screen. (The Action button is a square with an upwards-pointing arrow).
- Tap the “Add to Home Screen” icon.
- Accept or change the name of the page.
- Click “Add.”
- Locate the new icon on your home screen.
Once you have this icon on the home screen, tap on it — rather than on the “Safari” icon — to open to the page you chose.
If you prefer to open your browser to a familiar page, this tip will make using your iPad more enjoyable.