The Best Camera
It has been said that the best camera you own is the one you have with you. Most of the time, that is our picture-taking (and video-taking) smartphone. Use it! Use it! Use it!
Use it to:
- Capture funny, meaningful, beautiful moments, which include “selfies”!
- Re-visit one or more items in a store you are considering for later purchase
- Remember the street name where you parked
- Record the insurance info of the driver who just scratched your car (and the scratch itself!)
- Follow construction progress
- Document a medical condition
- Retain company and contact information from a sign or vehicle
- Recall a meal or dessert you want to make, or make again
- Take “before” and “after” photos
And while you are using your smartphone for these (and other) photo and video opportunities, here are three pieces of advice:
- Don’t “zoom” (take the picture at the regular distance and, if you want to enlarge a portion, crop it later)
- Film videos horizontally not vertically; you will be much happier with the result
- Learn how to email or text a photo from your phone, even if just to make a friend smile