New Year’s Resolutions
Happy New Year!
Here are my 10 New Year’s Computing Resolutions. Perhaps you will adopt some of them too.
- Back up my data — files, folders, pictures — on a regular basis.
- Do the Windows and Apple updates when they are released — even the ones that require a restart.
- Delete — don’t save — unwanted emails (I’ll temporarily sort by sender and delete all the old mail from certain senders all at once).
- Clean up my contact list and keep it updated.
- Delete the apps I don’t use (I can’t delete the apps that came with the device, just those I added).
- Pare down my favorites/bookmark list –do I really go to all the sites I have saved?
- Take stock of my passwords: know the ones I need.
- Periodically check my privacy settings in my social media sites to be sure they stay the way I want them.
- Shut down and reboot my devices every few weeks (rather than just let them go to sleep).
- Learn to use a new fun app or program.
And, of course I will also be improving my diet and getting more exercise …