Online Gift Shopping
Minutes after you finish that last piece of Thanksgiving pumpkin pie, you might feel the need to … start your holiday shopping!
Perhaps you will buy some gifts online.
Here are a few suggestions for smart online shopping:
- Buy from reputable companies. If you are not sure about a company’s integrity, do an internet search to read what others have to say about buying from that store.
- Know the store’s return policy specifics: time limit, shipping cost, etc.
- Read the reviews, especially the negative ones. Look for mention of specific features you want or don’t want.
- Look for deals — free shipping with a minimum purchase, discount for volume, etc. — but don’t forget to enter the coupon code when you check out.
- Double and triple check that you have entered the correct shipping address if you are having your gift(s) delivered directly to your recipient(s).
- Consider gift wrapping, gift receipt, and personal note options.
- Opt not to save your credit card information on file with the store; enter the number each time you place an order. What you give up in convenience, you more than make up in security.
- Save the emailed receipts in a folder you can find easily.
- Review your credit card statements thoroughly and match them up with your receipts to be sure you are only charged for what you bought.
- Gift cards make great presents!
In the meantime, Happy Thanksgiving!