Hidden iPad Keys
Do you know about the hidden characters in the iPad keyboard?
Tap and hold an iPad key to reveal any alternate characters. Then slide your finger up to the “hidden” character you want to place into your text and let go.
- Each of the vowels is hiding a variety of its accented variations.
- The dollar sign is hiding symbols of other currencies
- The zero key is hiding a symbol for degrees (temperature)
- The dash key is hiding longer dashes and a bullet
- The comma is hiding an apostrophe (there is an apostrophe on the symbols keyboard but accessing it from the “ABC” keyboard is much faster)
- The “.com” key is hiding “.edu,” “.org,” etc.
Take a minute to find these and other hidden characters on your iPad. Yes, they are on your iPhone too!